Brighton and Hove Police are taking to the streets next week with their community engagement van.
Following on the success of last year’s roadshows, the van will be visiting locations across Brighton and Hove. Members of the public will have the opportunity to meet their local prevention team and ask any questions they may have around policing.
The van will be in various destinations across Brighton and Hove:
- Monday 9 December: Brighton Railway Station – 12pm-6pm
- Tuesday 10 December: Hollingbury ASDA – 1pm-7pm
- Wednesday 11 December: George Street Hove – 9am-6pm
- Thursday 12 December: New Road Brighton – 10am-8pm
- Friday 13 December: George Street Hove – 9am-6pm
- Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 December: Brighton Churchill Square – 10am-5pm.
During the roadshow events, Brighton and Hove prevention officers will be sharing advice on staying safe this festive season, as well as addressing topics including knife crime, burglary, and anti-social behaviour. In addition, there’s a competition to win a Nintendo Switch in time for Christmas. For younger children, there’s a colouring competition with the chance to win a Playmobil set.
Chief Inspector Rachel Swinney said: “Our prevention officers are crucial in tackling local issues, in the community.
“Public support in local policing is vital to building stronger communities. Please come and say hello and find out what we are doing locally for you and how we are working to keep the city safe.”
To find out more about the roadshows, follow @BtonHovePolice on Twitter or BrightonHovePolice on Facebook where information and photos from the events will be shared each day.